Welcome

If you want to read more, try http://SedonaExcentric .com

Friday, May 11, 2012

Bachmann Turncoat Overdrive

Well, Michelle Bachmann not only ran for the office of President of the United States while holding a dual citizenship to Switzerland, home of the world's most sexually liberal and homeland to her husband, but she called for an investigation of Congress to see who was Unamerican. The woman who believes you can scare the homosexuality out of someone and took government subsidies to prove it, was, since 1978, through marriage, a citizen of Switzerland. She made it official this week when she and her husband announced their marriage to the Swiss consulate. Should Ms. Bachmann choose to visit her other country, she would find there are many bars, clubs, cafes, restaurants, saunas and organizations specifically dedicated to the GBLT population. And she would find universal healthcare, although universal healthcare would by definition men covering every living entity in the universe - no country can cover that, even with the best of intentions.
Earlier this week, Bachmann announced that she had become a citizen of Switzerland a month earlier, using her husband’s dual U.S.- Swiss nationality to secure fast-track naturalization. She added that the couple’s three youngest children were also now Swiss citizens. In an interview with Swiss TV, Bachmann explained that her family often visits Switzerland — in particular the picturesque region of Thurgau where her husband’s ancestors came from. “Our family loves it when we come because everyone brings home a big bag of chocolate, and everyone’s very happy,” she told reporters in Switzerland. She added “it’s tough to find a place not to like in Switzerland.” Evidently, she didn't find her way to Zurich or Geneva, where these establishments abound.
Now - she's not. She denounced her Swiss citizenship amongst a backlash of criticism from the right, the Tea Party and late night talk show hosts. But the Swiss have not lodged a complaint - no word on her children yet. After all, this is the woman who gave us: "Literally, if we took away the minimum wage—if conceivably it was gone—we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level."

"I look at the Scripture and I read it and I take it for what it is. I give more credence in the Scripture as being kind of a timeless word of God to mankind, and I take it for what it is. And I don't think I give as much credence to my own mind, because I see myself as being very limited and very flawed, and lacking in knowledge, and wisdom and understanding. So, I just take the Bible for what it is, I guess, and recognize that I am not a scientist, not trained to be a scientist. I'm not a deep thinker on all of this. I wish I was. I wish I was more knowledgeable, but I'm not a scientist."

"No one that I know disagrees with natural selection — that you can take various breeds of dogs ... breed them, you get different kinds of dogs," she said. "It's just a fact of life. ... Where there's controversy is (at the question) 'Where do we say that a cell became a blade of grass, which became a starfish, which became a cat, which became a donkey, which became a human being?' There’s a real lack of evidence from change from actual species to a different type of species. That's where it's difficult to prove."

“I am so proud to be from the state of Minnesota. We're the workingest state in the country, and the reason why we are, we have more people that are working longer hours, we have people that are working two jobs, we have more women in the workforce than any other state.”

I could go on, but I need a carbonated drink. This person ran for President of the United States and got at least one vote - now that's scary.

I wonder if any of the press is going to ask her if she believes her children should retain their dual citizenship. Probably not, especially those liberal, attacking media.

Peace - Ho'oponopono . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?